LIFE GOES ON.....

LIFE GOES ON.....

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

ME TOO - RAVI SUBRAMANIAN’S POEM in Original Tamil and English Translation


 RAVI SUBRAMANIAN’S POEM
Rendered in English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)




ME TOO
 The moment I realized I was thoroughly shaken
I began seething within
As it fell upon me
as the meteor that fell in the well of night
I broke into smithereens
The dagger of terror
piercing through my very life,
I became dumbstruck
Whenever I think of it
screaming like an owl
the sky would convulse
horror would creep
as the millipede with thousand feet
All over the inner nipple
pain unbearable of breast engorgement
As one meeting with an accident
in wicked wilderness
writhing and struggling for release
at those moments of wreckage
trying to shake it all away
shuddering all the way
my memory wept uncontrollably.
Even in moments of exhilaration
It would echo banging within,
turning me terror-stricken.
The fright of nightmare
pursued me like shadow
Though I had not failed in anyway
I keep feeling so all these days
In the name of destiny
I safeguarded the secret across days too many.
It took such a long time
for the signalling light of my defining moment
to dawn
The reined in river surges forward unleashed.
The grief overflowing on those sleepless nights
has ebbed at least this day
Releasing that voice within
heard ever after, vulnerable to the core
my heart managed to recover
some of its composure
Yet questions follow
asking why I choose to tell now.

(Original Poem in Tamil) - Ravi Subramaniyan
நானும்
------
நிலைகுலைய வைத்ததை உணர்ந்ததுமே
சிதைந்து குமுறும்படி நேர்ந்துவிட்டது
நள்ளிரவில் விழுந்த எரிகல்லாய் என் மேல் அது விழ உடைந்து சிதறினேன்
திகிலின் கத்தி
உயிர் செருக திக்பிரமை
எப்போது நினைத்தாலும் கோட்டானாய் அலறி
வானம் அதிரும்
ஆயிரம் கால்கள் கொண்ட கம்பளிப்பூச்சாய் ஊரும்
அகக்காம்பெங்கும் பால்கட்டித்தெறிக்கும் வலிகள்
வனாந்திரத்தனிமையில்
விபத்துக்குள்ளானவள் போல்
சீர்குலைந்த கணங்களில் துடித்துத் திமிறியதை
உதறி உதறி அழுதது ஞாபகம்
மகிழ்வின் தருணங்களிலும்
பீதியாய் மோதி எதிரொலிக்கும்
துர்கனவின் திடுக்கிடல் நிழலாய் தொடர்ந்தது
என் தோல்வி ஏதுமில்லையென்றபோதும்
அப்படி உணர்ந்தபடியேயிருந்திருக்கிறேன்
விதியின் பெயரால்
ரகசியம் காத்துநின்றேன்
எனக்கான சமிக்ஞை மின்மினியின் ஒளிதெரியும்
கணம் விடிய இவ்வளவு காலமாயிற்று
கட்டுண்ட நதி திமிறிப் பாய்கிறது
உறக்கமற்ற இரவுகளில் தளும்பிய துக்கம்
இன்றேனும் வடிந்தது
உள்ளுக்குள் சதா கேட்ட நிராதரவின் குரலுக்கு
விடுதலை தந்து சற்றேனும் மனச்சமன்கொண்டேன்
ஆனாலும் நீள்கின்றன கேள்விகள்
இப்போது ஏன் சொல்கிறேனென்று.







No comments:

Post a Comment